Government of Jamaica
"We Transform" Makes an Appearance at FunfestJa 2018
The ‘We Transform Programme’, an initiative of the Ministry of National Security which targets children (12-17 years) under the care and supervision of Department of Correctional Services – was live at the Fun Fest - Unique Family Festival, the Emancipation Day Edition, held on August 1, 2018 at Hope Gardens.
Volunteers from the Ministry of National Security and the Department of Correctional Services were present to at the We Transform booth to interact with patrons as well as to:
• Increase awareness of the We Transform Programme
• To create affinity of the We Transform brand
• Inspire individuals to become mentors and volunteers
• Capture memorable moments with the patrons
• Increase confidence in the Ministry of National Security’s crime fighting strategy
Several patrons visited the booth and submitted their names as an indication of their interest in supporting the transformative work being undertaken under the We Transform Programme, through volunteerism and mentorship.
The distribution of the We Transform fans was certainly one of the main highlights, as they went quickly and provided refreshing breeze for the patrons who were trying to beat the summer heat.