Jamaica Constabulary Force
The Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) is headed by Commissioner Carl McKay Williams, OD, JP, PhD. The JCF’s mission is ‘to serve, protect and reassure with courtesy, integrity and respect for the rights of all.’ The JCF falls under the authority of the Ministry of National Security.
The national roles of the JCF are:
- To maintain law and order
- To assist in the prevention and detection of crime
- To investigate alleged crimes
- To protect life and property
- To enforce all criminal laws as defined by the Jamaican penal code
- To provide general assistance to the public
The vision of the Jamaica Constabulary is to become a high quality professional service that is valued and trusted by all the citizens of Jamaica.
The Jamaica Constabulary is committed to the quality of its service delivery and the satisfaction of its internal and external customers.